Friday, November 11, 2011

Thank You For Your Support

In 2005, this blog was initiated to provide friends and family with updates while deployed.  It is appropriate that the final post occur on Veterans Day.  

The featured activity was a Veterans Day ceremony at my daughter's school.  At the request of the Headmaster, a man for whom I have the utmost respect, I donned my dress uniform for what I suspect will be the final time.  The ceremony also included our Detachment NCO who made a thoughtful presentation to one of the students for a letter of support.
Not being one for pomp and ceremony and having only worn the "Class A" uniform on 5 occasions since 1990...Sarge & I leveraged the photo opportunity after the ceremony.
On behalf of my family, thank you to everyone for their friendship and prayers over the last 6 years...we could not have survived without your unwavering support.
It is only fitting to end this journey by reflecting on where it all began...the truth remains...evil exists in this world and the United States must continue to stay vigilant...God Bless America!