Friday, November 04, 2005

Simulation In New York

It took over forty years, but I finally made it to the Big Apple...although the trip was more work than play, we were able to take the train from Queens over to the Times Square area of Manhattan for a late dinner. I was able to get a look at 3 of the 5 borroughs of New York City (Queens, Manhattan & Staten Island) so on my next trip I'll try to get to Brooklyn and The Bronx. My brief visit revealed two things; English is a "second language" in New York and there is no way I could afford to live there. Otherwise, I give NYC a thumbs up...I need to get my girls up there for a visit.

The purpose of our 2 1/2 day trip was to practice emergency procedures at the FlightSafety simulator located on the grounds of LaGuardia Airport. This location houses one of the few Shorts SD3-60 Level "C" simulators, which means it is a full motion simulator with wrap-around graphics. Almost every concievable aircraft emergency can be practiced in this controlled environment. A big thanks is owed to Al Goss for his excellent instruction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home