Thursday, September 29, 2005

Screaming Eagles Enroute

Thinking back, I can recall the first time I saw the “Screaming Eagle”…I was snooping around the crawl space in my childhood home and I came upon a box of my Dad’s old military uniforms. I remember trying on his fatigues and thinking that the patch of the “Screaming Eagle” looked very cool. Dad had once served as a paratrooper in the 101st Airborne Division at Fort Campbell, KY. Upon joining the Army, I realized that the “Screaming Eagle” is one of the most recognized division insignias in the world.

During this Iraq rotation, our Company of C-23 aircraft will be operating under the 101st Airborne insignia. Therefore, one of my errands has been to get the “Screaming Eagle” sewn on my uniforms. If my Dad were still alive, I think that tidbit would have brought a smile to his face.

I also had a chance to drop in on my Brownie Troop and personally thank them for their support. Since this was my first Brownie meeting, I wasn’t sure what to expect, but the girls made sure I fit right in. I was even allowed to participate in the Brownie cheer at the end.

Also, a special thanks goes out to “The Point Boys” for putting on a firearms refresher course. You can’t go wrong with shooting tips from retired law enforcement guys. Next time the ammo and lunch is on me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home